Monday, November 15, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things: Glass Water Bottles!

My husband and I have been doing a very bad thing for our wonderful earth...we have been drinking bottles of water! Not the nice refillable kind, the plastic ones that you buy in a case of 24 at the grocery store. And we drink A LOT of them! We have been going through 3- 24 packs in less then a month! Not good at all. So we have been recently talking about getting a water cooler, but we don't really have the $200-$300 that it would cost to get one. Plus my little teeny kitchen is not a great place for one of those monsters!

A few days ago while we were shopping at our favorite store Marshalls, we came across these:




I fell in love with these babies as soon as I saw them! They remind me of a glass pitcher my mom used to have when I was young that we had orange juice in! They are glass and they have a great plastic lid that is in two pieces. The center part loosens so you can drink out of it, or you can tighten it and it is spill proof! Plus, when you screw the whole lid off the mouth of the glass is large enough to put ice inside the bottle! Love them!! Here are the ones I got:

Well after using these guys for a few days, I decided to head back to Marshalls today to see if they had anymore. My idea was to keep four in the fridge full of water for the easy grab-and-go, and two in the cabinet for other beverages to-go. I like iced tea a lot and frequently stop at Mickey D's for a good ol' iced tea while I am out and about. But now I can brew a big pot at home and just take some with me! I have also bought a large jug of water at the grocery store, and our store has a refill station for 29 cents a gallon! So I bought two jugs and will refill them during my weekly visits to the grocery store as needed! Here are my nifty water bottles full of water in the fridge:



Now we will have less recycling! {since our bin is usually half full of plastic bottles} No more plastic bottles for this family, oh and even better news they are BPA free!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment