Monday, November 15, 2010

Little Bookshelf Love!

Lately I have been very busy with many different projects. I have project ADD I think because I start one and before I finish it I get another inspiration and start something else. SO at the moment I have a few projects I am trying to wrap up.


The first one I have finished is my lovely little book shelf! I recently gave you a sneak peek into this project. I bought this shelf a few years back at an auction. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and knew it had great potential. So I bought it for $7 {such a great deal!} It has two shelfs and two magazine holders!

It was in pretty rough shape, but I love the look of old furniture refinished in a modern way {plus, old furniture is usually made a lot better then the new stuff!}, and this little guy was a perfect fit! Refinishing it has been put on the back burner for quite some time now because honeslty we just didn't know where in our house it should go. But we recently found the perfect spot for it in one of our spare bedrooms, so I decided it was time to refinish it! So after sanding and priming:

And then painting, my beautiful diamond in the rough turned into this:

And here is my little shelf in its home just waiting for my little nieces or nephew to come have a seat and read the fun books it contains align="center">

This was technically a free make-over because I used the same gallon of paint that I bought to refinish my desk. And since all of the furniture in our house is black, it fits right in! You will also see more refinishing projects using the SAME gallon of paint! I am spreading out this $30 gallon of paint as much as I can!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment