Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Headboards, Get Creative!

In my eyes headboards are a neccessity to a bedroom! The bed should be the focal point in the room and without a headboard it just looks unfinished. I have made a few headboards for the beds in my house, and I would like to share with you some ideas for inexpensive headboards I have made!

Headbaords do not have to be expensive! They can be made out of things you have around the house, or just a piece of upholstered plywood. The first headboard I made for my house was made out of an old interior solid panel door that we had replaced.


The next headboard I have made has a little more to it. It is not any harder, just more time consuming. It is made out of plywood, 2x4s, some batting and trim!


I hope showing you a few headboards that I have made for my house will inspire you to make one for yours! Take a look around your house, there is headboard potentially in many things just lying around! Remember, be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment