Monday, May 3, 2010

Our Room for Relaxed Living!

This is my newly decorated living room. I love almost everything about it. I am still in the process of figuring out the best look for the space. It is a very small living room, and with it being upstairs everything has to fit through the stairway (which is a HUGE challenge!)
So for this room we could not find a couch that would fit through the stairway so we decided to go with a love seat and a chair. About 85% of the time it is just me and my husband living here so we have plenty of seating. When picking out the furniture for the room I didn't want to go with everything too "matchy-matchy", so we went with a cream leather matching love seat and chair from Value City Furniture, and two accent chairs from Target.com. I LOVE the accent chairs! They are super comfortable and sturdy, and the price was just amazing! Only $130 a piece. The best part is you can get these chairs in several different upholstery patterns! They are a great deal and I recommend if you are looking for a nice inexpensive accent chair for any room in your house that you check out Target.com!

My next favorite item for the room is the TV stands. We purchased these stands at Ikea for $90 a piece (there are two total), and I found the canvas cube's at Target and they fit perfectly! With the rooms in our house being so small, we do not have a lot of storage space in closets and cabinets. These cube's give us so much extra needed storage, and they still look nice!

Things that I am still a little unsure about and are thinking of changing include the blue accent wall and the curtains. I am thinking the room might look more put together and finished if I eliminate the blue wall and paint it the same color as the rest of the room, and then add blue curtain panels instead of the tan ones that blend a little too much with the wall. I am still currently looking for some throw pillows and a rug that will pull the room together a little more then the current ones. The rug was a hand-me-down from my mom, and the pillows were just some that I had. The challenge is finding something that is not too plain, but does not compete with the busy accent chair pattern. But all-in-all this room has come a long way in the right direction!
Here are a few Pics of the room before we started the cosmetic remodel :)



5 comments:

  1. Wow, LOVE THIS! I adore the blue and the white. Makes my heart skip a happy beat!

    And such a great use of the Expedit, thanks so much for linking up and sharing!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! our house has come a long way since we moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love the colors and those accent chairs are gorgeous! I have no clue where to start on decorating our house, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for shelving just like that! I will have to check out Ikea. The room looks great! I love the ottomans in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you set up your tv stands. But I can't really see with the storage boxes in them. Are the shelves cubed on one side and long on the other??

    Thank you,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete