Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our Room for Dining

Just like every other room in my house, the dining room is very small. Luckily the dining room, living room, and kitchen are all one open space. This is helpful with making each space feel bigger. Our dining room (like most other rooms in our house) has come a long way since we moved into our home.

My style is contemporary with little touches of traditional and earthy mixed in! I like rooms in my house to feel comfortable and calming. That is why I chose the tan (earthy) and the light slate blue (relaxing) for the wall colors. I also like to make sure my rooms have a little pop of an accent color, and in this room I have chosen lime green with the green apples! We just put in our hardwood floors a few months ago, and still need to trim out the upstairs (so just ignore the missing base board ;)). I love our new table and buffet! We purchased it from a local furniture store. It is an Ashley Furniture collection, and the best part is the table has a fold out center leaf that allows the table to go square and seat up to 8!! The three wall shelves were purchases at Ikea, I love Ikea! I made the curtains myself, and I love how they turned out! Again the rug was a hand-me-down from my mom, and I am currently looking for a new rug for this space!



This is a picture of how the dinning room and the living room come together. And to the right of the table is the kitchen :)

Here is a picture of the dining room standing in the middle of my kitchen! I have rearranged a few of my accessories since I took this picture, but for the most part everything is the same.

Here is a close up of the curtains I designed and made :) The total cost for 7 panels was $40!! Plus the $850 it cost to have a quilting needle scoped out of the stomach of my puppy Max who apparently will eat ANYTHING!



No comments:

Post a Comment