Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Love My New Kitchen!

Our kitchen has needed a lot of help for quit some time now. However, with the expense of renovating kitchens it has been put on the back burner. But, a few months ago we finally finished the kitchen! I love my new kitchen! It is everything I wanted it to be and in many ways more!

Our kitchen started out with peach wall paper, no cabinet space, no counter space, a peach sink, oak cabinets, and a portable dishwasher that broke the first time we used it. So needless to say, our kitchen has needed some major updates since we moved in! When we moved in we tried to do the minimum by removing the wall paper and adding some color to the walls, and trying to make the most of what we had for cabinet and counter space. At one point we had to put a utility cabinet in our kitchen just so we had room to put groceries. Unfortunately I can not find any of my pictures from when the kitchen was like this. But I do have pictures during the renovation and after! So here are some pictures of the renovation process:


In this picture we have already added cabinets to the kitchen. I painted our oak cabinets black and then ordered some additional cabinets and painted those black as well. We put in a dishwasher, added the cabinet on the end by the stove (which is where our portable dishwasher once was), and added new knobs to the cabinets. In the origional layout of the kitchen, the refrigerator was back in the corner next to where the dishwasher is. So the only countertop we had is what is still up in the corner by the sink...not much at all!


This is a picture of all the new added cabinets! It has given us plenty of storage and countertop space.
Here are some pictures now that the kitchen in finished! (well except for a few small things and maybe a lack of accessories, which I am still hunting for)

I am still missing some accessories, but I am having a hard time finding the lime green stuff I need. Also like the rugs in the living room and dining room, this rug is a hand me down and I am currently looking for one I like better but...





for the most part our kitchen is done! With the freshly refaced cabinets, travertine tile backsplash, new stainless steel appliances, solid surface countertop with integrated sink, and hardwood floors I am loving every part of it!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen! Do you recommend painting oak cabinets? I'm trying to talk my husband into the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I defintely recommend it! It was actually really easy. My husband and I thought about leaving our cabinets oak for a while, but then I decided to just go ahead and paint them, plus when we added more cabinets I had to paint them so the finishes would all match. I am sooo glad I painted them, I love the way they turned out!

    ReplyDelete