Monday, October 11, 2010

My Home Office Dream

Since I am tring to start my own business I have decided I need an office that I can function in. It has to be highly organized with plenty of work space, and of course a great design! A place where I can be all day and enjoy working in. My current working conditions just aren't cutting it! My desk is too small to work and the stool hurts my tush! I usually end up leaving my desk and sitting on the pool table to get the large work surface I need! So, I have started my search for some office inspiration!

Here is my current work space....what a mess huh!

My first thought is I need a large space to work. By this I mean almost like a counter top! I need enough room to have my computer at one end and another work space at the other. I have a great location in my rec room for a nice long work station. I have recently stumbled across and awesome system at Peir1 that can be customized just the way I like it...but the delema is it is WAY too expensive!

So the search continues...the next thing I found was this desk at Ikea:





I am thinking this table top type desk would be great for me. I would get two of them and put them together to get the multi functional surface I need. I could also slide shelfs and filing cabinets under the desk to give me the option of customizing it the way I would like it. But I could also just get the table top and set it on top of shelves to make it even more my style. I would use the green bins to put inside all of the cubbies on the shelf. I already have a similar shelf and bins in my livingroom, so I know they all work together great! ANd these bins give me lots of storage that looks great!

I would love to eventually make it an L shaped desk so I can have a long work space, and then a small space to work with clients. But that would require us to get rid of our pool table (which will be a struggle with my husband). But if my business really takes off like I am hoping, he wont really have much of a choice, unless he would rather me pay to rent an office (which will never happen). So I guess for now I will contiune to plan a long desk, to put in my corner by the pool table.

I LOVE these chairs! I wish I was in need of them right now because I would buy them now! They are definitely my style! And these orange leaf pillows would make a great finishing touch! They would be the perfect place for my clients to sit durring consultations!










Here are some more fun accessories that I would like to add to my office for storage:












I think these are all of my ideas so far. I am sure more will come to me as I really get to start designing my space!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Good job and I cant wait to help you get all this done and started =)

    ReplyDelete